“Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of nowhere, and sometimes in the middle of nowhere you find yourself.”Unknown
Hike the Canadian Rockies
Hey, I’m Taylor!
I lived in Banff for over a year in 2020/2021 and developed a big passion for hiking; no seriously, I think its borderline become an addiction. This passion has inspired me to create detailed trail guides to make hiking more accessible and to help people get outside.
Get started – choose a destination in the Canadian Rockies to go hiking:
Make sure to prepare for your next adventure with my outdoor guides:
Explore Day-Hiking Trails
Here are my latest day-hiking trail guides, but if you want to find a whole long list of great hikes in the Rockies click here:
- The Best Hike Near Tirana: Maja e Tujanit (Dajti Ekpress Extension)
- The Beautiful Prest Hike in Aurland, Vestland
- How to Hike to Chester Lake in Kananaskis
- Mist Mountain Hot Springs via Eagle Ridge | A HUGE Misadventure
- Stanley Glacier Hike in Kootenay: Explore Waterfalls, Glaciers & Caves
- All About the Wasootch Ridge Hike in Kananaskis
Looking for more trail guides?
Scrambling is a hike up steep terrain (usually a scree field) involving the use of one’s hands. Scrambling is considered more “advanced hiking” and should only be practiced by experienced hikers, or those who are hiking with more experienced adventurers.
Here are a few of my scrambling trail guides, but you can find them all here:
- Tower of Babel Hike At Moraine Lake – Banff Scrambles
- Sulphur Mountain Traverse Route: An Off-the-Beaten Path Hike in Banff
- Paget Peak Scramble & Sherbrooke Lake Hike – Yoho
Looking for more scrambling trail guides?
Explore Backpacking Trails
Backpacking is considered a multi-day hiking trip; yes, you need to carry your gear and camp along the way! A lot of important gear is required for a backpacking trip, so I’ve put together this backcountry gear guide to help you figure out what you do and don’t need for a night in the wilderness.
Here are a few of my backpacking guides, but you can find them all here:
- Backpacking Ya Ha Tinda to West Lakes & Warden Rock – Bighorn Wildland
- Banff Skoki Loop: 3 Days of Lakes, Wildfire Smoke & Porcupine Attacks
- A Guide for Hiking the Highland Backpacking Trail in Algonquin
Looking for more backpacking guides?